Thank you Kim!
I feel really happy when I know there's people out there who enjoys reading what I blog about. Blogging is like my night job - though it doesn't have monetary benefits, it certainly gives me a huge sense of accomplishment and I feel really happy when someone tries out the recipe and gives it a thumbs up. So I'm really happy when Kim from Savoury and Sweet gave me this award! Thank you Kim, you are such a sweetie! 🙂
And here they are:
1. How much time do you spend each week blogging?
Hmmm, I don't really have the exact hours. I try to post 1 to 3 times a week, so I usually spend my Sunday nights and one or two weekday nights editing photos and drafting the posts. Sometimes I will also blog on my way to work, typing my drafts in my phone, then uploading them at night after work.
2. Do you use social media as a blogging tool?
Not really, I find it really hard to keep up with all these social media! I will pin new blog posts on my Pinterest page, and photos of my dishes (if I remember to) on my Facebook Page, and Instagram (follow me now on these pages if you haven't!) 😉
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
Probably anywhere and everywhere! There are still so many places I've not been to and I would love to visit them. My itineraries this year include Vietnam and Cambodia!
4. Who is your favorite person of all time (actual person or fictional character)?
I'm gonna answer it in terms of who in the culinary world - got to be Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver (I just can't choose 1 out of these 2). They always make their food look so freaking delicious!
5. Who or what inspires you?
My grandmother. She is the most gentle, patient, generous and loving person I've ever knew.
6. How did you begin blogging?
It started in mid 2008. I was waiting for university to start so I had lots of time on hand so I began baking and cooking (much to the dismay of my mom because I made a huge mess each time haha!) And I thought it'd be fun to post the recipes of what I've made (you know, kind of show-off what tasty food I can make without having to go to a restaurant, haha). So I guess that's how!
7. What blogging challenges have you faced?
Getting my domain right. As most of you know, I moved to a dot-com sometime back and though it was fun (able to customize things here and there), it was a nightmare as well as the website was extremely unstable. So right now, I'm enlisting the help of an expert to help with all the coding. Hope to be able to unveil the new look soon!
8. What is your favorite savory food?
Chicken rice! I love how the silky chicken goes really well with the fragrant rice. Tried my hand on cooking the Hainanese version some time back, I can foresee myself making it very often!
10. What is your favorite book of all time?
The Time Traveller's Wife - I cry every single time I read the book, it's such a sweet love story!
11. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Spirited Away - it's a cartoon directed by Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. I can watch it over and over again without getting sick of it (who says adults can't like cartoons, right? ;))
So I guess you now know a bit more about me! Here are my nominees for the award:
A Pug in the Kitchen
Awayofmind Bakery House
Bake for Happy Kids
Baking with Sibella
Feed the Piglet
From the Bartolini Kitchens
Girl in a Food Frenzy
Go Bake Yourself
Hundred Eighty Degrees
Just a Smidgen
Leslie the Foodie
Piece of Cake
I'm really lousy at brainstorming for questions, so I'm reducing the number and also recycling some from Kim! Here are my questions for the nominees!
- Let's start with a brief introduction first: who are you and where are you blogging from? (You can write more about yourself if you want!)
- How did you begin your blog?
- What is the toughest blogging challenge you have faced thus far?
- What is your favourite sweet food?
- What is your favourite savoury food?
- Who is your greatest inspiration in life?
- Who is your favourite chef and why?
- What is your hobby (besides baking/cooking)?
- What is your top 3 favourite recipes you've blogged about?
Do a little dance, let me know more about you and then pass the love on! (It's perfectly fine if you don't do all these, just know that I really love your blog and I hope you guys will keep it going!)
Off to edit photos now! Bye! 🙂