Just a quick (and belated) update!
A huge thank you to these 2 sweet foodies for giving me this award:
Vee from The Life of a Eating Monster
Sam from What Will I Cook Today
Thank you, dear ladies, for passing me this award! Thank you so much for your continuous support :D
1) What is your favorite dish to eat, and your favorite dish to make?
The first dish that came to my mind is rosti. I’m a huge lover of potatoes, and rosti is surprisingly a pretty easy dish to make!
2) What are your favorite restaurants?
Unfortunately I don’t have a favourite restaurant as I don’t frequent restaurants often. I’m more in love with local street food and hawker food. One of them is the hokkien mee that an old couple sells near my house.
3) What is a food/dish that you think EVERYONE should try at least once in their lives?
Braised pork intestines! Sorry to gross you out, but I really love braised pork innards, definitely something I will want to try making in the future!
4) What do you do in your spare time?
Haha most of the time I’ll be busy baking/cooking!
5) What are your dreams?
No concrete dreams thus far, though a lot of my friends kept telling me I should start up a cafe. I don’t have the confidence to do so though! I just want to be happy in life!
6) What made you start baking/cooking?
You can read all about it here ;)
7) What is your job in real life, and would you want to change that?
I am currently working as an auditor, though I think I will want a slower-pace job in the future so I have more time to bake/cook.
8) What is the biggest failure that has happened in your kitchen? And the biggest success?
Biggest failure – probably macarons and chiffon cakes. I still fail macarons every now and then (urghh), I wish I can get them right soon!
Biggest success – most of them fall under the “challenging” category, but if I had to choose, it would be Kuih Lapis!
9) What are you excited for?
Really looking forward to design and decorate my house, though it won’t be ready till 2017. :)
10) Where is one place you would like to visit and why?
There are so many places to choose from! Brazil, Turkey, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Japan, Korea… main reason is because I want to go and experience the culture, the views and the food!
11) If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
Probably some ice cream as the weather’s really warm these days!
Here is the list of my nominees for both awards!