Sour-cream Biscuits with Strawberries
1 cup chilled light sour cream (or chilled crème fraîche) + extra
1 cup self-raising flour
Strawberries, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and strawberries. Give it a good stir and stand at room temperature (you can go for more sugar or use vanilla sugar for extra sweetness)
- In a bowl, add in flour. Stir in sour cream with a fork until they come together to form a dough.
- On a well-floured table, turn out dough and knead several times (remember to flour your hands as well!).
- Split into 4 equal parts and shape into round disk. (you can use a cutter, but i couldn’t be bothered)
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 15min, until golden-brown in colour.
- Let cool slightly on a rack, then split the biscuits, sandwich with strawberries and extra sour cream and serve immediately. 🙂