I highly recommend reading the full explanation of how the formula works if this is the first time you are using the cake pan conversions calculator here.
- Choose the type of pan you are converting from and converting to (round or square/rectangle).
- For round cake pans, enter the diameter, height and number of cake pans.
- For square/rectangle cake pans, enter the height, length, breadth and number of cake pans.
- Scale the recipe by multiplying the quantity of ingredients from the original recipe with the scale factor.
- Approximate the recipe if necessary by rounding up or down the ingredients so that you have something easier to work with.
- Standardise the measurements (all in inches or all in centimetres).
- Formula works best for regular cake tins (not tube / bundt / chiffon / springform). If using tube / bundt / chiffon / springform pans, do use the same type of pans .
- For a full explanation of how the formula works, click here!