This is my all-time favourite frosting as it has a nice amount of saltiness to balance out the sweetness of the frosting, very peanut butter-y and is extremely versatile! I've used it to frost cupcakes and as a filling for cakes.
This frosting has been used in the following recipes:
- 170 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature (¾ cup)
- 225 grams peanut butter (1 cup)
- 165 to 185 grams icing sugar, sifted (1⅓ to 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon table salt, more if desired
- Place the butter, peanut butter, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat for 5 to 7 minutes until light and creamy. Taste and add more salt or icing sugar to get desired sweetness and stiffness.