Back to Basics
When I first started cooking/baking, few recipes will teach or go through the basics. E.g. whip heavy cream to stiff peaks - I ended up with curdly, separated cream. There were a lot of failures and wastage. Nowadays we are really fortunate to have plenty of resources (from books to blogs to videos) to refer to.
I believe that understanding the how & why makes one perform better (be it baking, cooking and even professional work). I'm slowly building this up, and hopefully it will be useful for those new to baking/cooking.
- Instant Pot Chicken Broth
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake + My Guide to Baking Chiffon Cakes
- How to Peel and Devein Prawns with Scissors
- How to Make Homemade Clear Bone Stock / Broth (Chicken / Pork / Beef)
- Dashi - the Easiest Japanese Stock
- Cake Pan Conversions Calculator
- Julia Child's Basic Crêpes Recipe (For Both Savoury and Sweet)
- Oreo Pie Crust
- Which Tin to Use for Cheesecakes?
- How to Peel and De-Vein Raw Prawns with Kitchen Scissors (Very Easy!)
- Chocolate Genoise