This is the easiest, fastest and very delicious chocolate sauce that I whipped up – in less than 3 minutes.
Yes, you heard me right – 3 minutes!
And you only need 4 ingredients which are definitely found in your pantry!
(Yes, I’m very excited talking about this chocolate sauce. ;))
Here’s the break down:
(This is probably by far the shortest step-by-step photos I’ve ever taken!)
1st minute – measure sugar and cocoa powder.
2nd minute – add in water and bring the mixture to a boil.
3rd minute – measure some butter and whisk it in.
And that’s it! Now you just have to let it cool.
Here’s what I did to my chocolate sauce: I grabbed a puff (recipe here) and fill it with ice cream.
And then I pour the warm chocolate sauce on top – oooh la la!
Pure bliss on a plate!
3-Minute Easy Chocolate Sauce
- Combine the cocoa powder, caster sugar and water in a small pot. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly to dissolve the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the butter. Let the sauce cool before transferring it to a serving container. The sauce will thicken slightly when cooled.
- Make ahead: Keep the sauce covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Warm it up in the microwave or in a pot and whisk till smooth before using.
- Use the best-quality cocoa powder you can afford - my favourite brand at the moment is Valrhona.
- Feel free to add more sugar if you desire a sweeter sauce.
- For a richer and thicker sauce, substitute water with milk.
- Adapted from Masterchef Aria Chocolate Tart by Poh Ling Yeow