I am so honoured and so loved! And the reason why?
Sugar Craving Baker nominated me for three awards - Sunshine Award, The Versatile Blogger Award and the ABC Award. She is an extremely sweet lady who loves baking, ice creams, monkeys, and horror movies! She baked some really awesome baked goods and I wish I can fly over to try her carrot cake. Thank you so much for the awards! 🙂
Vered from Eat Now Talk Later and Sibella from Baking with Sibella also nominated me for the Liebster award - thank you so much! Vered's food diary is filled with delicious food - and I just bookmarked her mouth-watering Baked Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash. Sibella's Dream Cake looks really delicious - and I was so inspired by her that I helped my best friend baked her Dream Cake (recipe below!)
Once again, thank you so much ladies! It's been a pleasure knowing you three and an honour to receive such wonderful awards from you!
And I'm now going to pass on the love!
An award for bloggers you think are fabulous! Do answer the questions below so that others can know more about you!
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Animal: Dog
- Favorite Number: 2?
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
- My passion: Feeding the people I love and travel
- Prefer getting or giving presents: Bot
- Favorite pattern: Checkered?
- Favorite Day of the week: Saturday (my baking day!)
- Favorite Flower: Sunflower
Joyce from Kitchen Flavours
Lena from Her Frozen Wings
Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
Sibella from Baking with Sibella
Shumaila from The Novice Housewife
I've shared 7 things about myself in my previous post... and I'll share more below via the ABC Award!
Quay Po Cooks
Alice from I Love I Cook I Bake
Abbygail from Abbygail's Kitchen
Anuja from Simple Baking
Girl in a Food Frenzy
The rule is to share 26 things about yourself from letters A to Z... and here I go!
- Alone - I like to be around people, but there are times when I like to retreat into a quiet places and be uncontactable.
- Braces - I've been doing braces for 4 years and counting (most people do it for 2 years, but I had a really odd case of teeth which resulted in such a long braces treatment). My dentist told me I should be able to take it out this year - I can't wait!
- CSI - I'm a huge lover of this American crime drama - I watch all Las Vegas, Miami and New York episodes.
- Dogs - I love dogs and I wish to keep a Golden Retriever and a German Shepherd in the future...
- Europe - I travelled to Europe last year - passing by 12 countries and 18 cities. I would definitely love to go there again!
- Food photography - I've always been very interested in this field but I'm still not good at it.
- Graduation - I graduated last year in July and stepped into the work-force in August. It's been a really challenging journey.
- Horror movies - My least favourite genre of movies! I have a fear of these movies.
- Innards - As gross as this might sound, I love to eat innards - pig's blood, cow's tongue, pig's intestines, chicken hearts etc. (absolutely love grilled chicken hearts and braised pig's intestines!)
- Jamie Oliver - I used to call him my favourite man. Haha. He's a very inspiring cook and I really loved his cooking shows.
- Kenwood KMX51 Raspberry kMix Stand Mixer - my dream mixer... I've always preferred Kenwood to Kitchenaid I don't know why... the raspberry colour is so beautiful!
- Messy - I am a very messy person - I have documents, letters, keys, books lying all over my table and it's a storm sometimes, trying to find the things...
- Nigella - she's my favourite woman... I love how relax she is when she whips up simple yet delicious-looking dishes.
- Oven - my current oven can only fit maximum a 9-inch pan (or 9 - 12 cupcakes). I'm really wishing for a larger oven...
- Pisces - my horoscope sign - and I think I do possess some traits of a Pisces...
- Running Man - This is my top favourite variety show (Korean) - it never fails to crack me up.
- Sunflower - my favourite flower and one of my dream is to visit a sunflower field!
- Travel - I love to travel and learn more about the history, the culture and the food. It's wonderful to be exposed to new things and new experiences.
- Varlhona - this is my top favourite chocolate brand - it costs SGD 40 for a 1 kilogram bar but I really think it's worth it!
- Weekends - I do most of my baking/cooking and photography of the food on weekends... that's the only free time I have!
- Yukata - I would love to travel to Japan one day and try on a yukata - it's really pretty!
- Zzzzz - I have an unhealthy habit of sleeping late (and then complain of insufficient sleep in the day) when most of the time it's my own fault for not sleeping early!
I've gotta leave letters L, Q, U and X blank because I really can't think of anything! Will fill up the remaining letters if I ever thought of anything... :p
Bobbi from Bam's Kitchen
Janine from Not the Kitchen Sink
Filing away Cupcakes
Smidge from Just a Smidgen
Ann from Anncoo Journal
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
A Pug in the Kitchen
Leslie from Leslie the Foodie
Villy from For the Love of Feeding
Alan from Travelling Foodies
Emmy from Emmy Cooks
Do a dance if you've been nominated! If you've received the award before, do a dance too! Then pass on the love! 🙂
Will be sharing a layered cake recipe soon! Stay tune! 😉
Thank you Zoe, you deserved the award too, it's been a great experience baking with you! 🙂
Congratulations with all your awards! You deserved them all! Well done!
Thanks for giving me one of your awards. It is my honour baking a lot with you. There are always lots of opportunity for me to learn from you.
PS. I love Milo too
Thanks Sam! I hope you have the chance to go there soon, it's a beautiful place! Oooh I really loved dogs... but I lived in a small apartment, can't keep big dogs!
Thank you so much, I'm glad it didn't bore you 😉
Thank you 🙂
Oh Anuja it's okay! 😉
Thank you so much!
You're welcome! I'm going over to check it out right now! 😉
Congrats on your award! ooh! I'm jealous you went to Europe! It's a dream destination for me! Would love to go too! And I had 3 goldies before!! I miss them so muchiee!
Catalina @ Cake with Love says
I loved reading all the things about you! Nice post!
Congrats on all the awards! Well-deserved.
Thanks again for the Versatile blogger award nomination! Got a link up and happening if you wanna check it out 🙂 Happy Baking http://girlinafoodfrenzy.com/awards-acccolades-appreciation-in-the-blogosphere/
oops sorry for the misunderstanding dear! I should be thanking you for the versatile blogger award 😀
You're welcome! Yea I can't wait to get the braces out... Haha and I guess we should change our bad habits! 😉
Thank you!! Have fun and stay safe during your trip! Hope you will post some travel photos up 😉
You're welcome Joyce, I'm so happy to get to know you through all the baking events! Can't wait to try out the next THB cake this weekend 🙂
Thank you so much Bobbi! I love reading your blog - so many delicious dishes of various cuisines! You totally deserve the award! 🙂
Thank you so much! 🙂
Thank you Anuja! I can't wait to read A-Z about you! 🙂
Thank you Villy! You deserve the award! Love reading your blog 🙂
Thank you Tia!
Thank you for being such a sweet visitor to my blog, you totally deserve the award! 🙂
hi jasline, thank you for passing another award to me! I just did a twist before commenting! whoa, 4 years of putting on that braces..that's really long! Hi 5 for Zzzz..i got the same habit!
Big congrats Jasline! Hope you're still doing s big happy dance! Thank you too for my nomination, I'm on holiday from today but will definitely get round to this by the end of the week, cheers!
kitchen flavours says
Hi Jasline! Congratulations on all your lovely awards! You sure deserved each and everyone of them! And thank you for passing it to me once again! Just had my dinner, will do the dance later! :o) I really appreciate your sweet gesture!
Congratulations on your awards, I guess you deserve it well
Bam's Kitchen says
Congratulations to a very deserving hard working blogger! You deserve these awards many times over. Thank you kindly of thinking me and I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness. Take care, BAM
Choc Chip Uru says
You deserve all these multiple awards and more my friend 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Congratulationa on your (multiple :D) awards! and thank you so much for the ABC award (you all are in for a looooong post :D)
Congratulations and thank you so much for the nomination!!
Simply Tia says
Congrats on the award!!!
Just A Smidgen says
What a lovely post just filled with celebration and awards! You are so deserving!! I'm just the worst for remembering and doing these awards with their little games so I want to be sure to tell you how much I appreciate your awarding me this today:) You're just the best!! Thank you!!!