Gonna share a very simple recipe! Baked tomatoes are simple and fast to prepare and should go well with almost anything – toss them in salads or pastas; eat them in the morning with scrambled eggs, omelettes, bacons or hams; snack them in the afternoon for some light, tasty and almost-fat-free snacks; serve them at night with roast chicken/beef/lamb/pork, potatoes, or mushrooms.
I love cherry / small tomatoes for this recipe.
I can’t stand those huge, round tomatoes. They scare me!
Give them a good rinse (:
Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
You can leave them whole if you want, but I find it easier to season them when they are in halves.
Pretty tomatoes halves – please don’t just grab them and pop them into your mouth – resist!
Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or aluminum foil and spread the tomatoes in a single layer, skin side up.
Season with a little bit of salt.
A little goes a long way!
And some pepper…
And ooops, almost forgot, a drizzle of olive oil.
Roast them in a preheated oven (200 degrees Celsius) for 10-15 minutes.
The skin will look a bit crinkly and will fall off easily.
The tomatoes will appear to be swollen and ready to burst any time!
Serve immediately with anything you like! (: (In my photo, I ate it with some sauté Portobello mushrooms… yum!)
Easy Baked Tomatoes
- A couple of cherry / small tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment / aluminum foil.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them into halves. You can leave them whole if you want.
- Season with very little salt and a little pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the tomatoes’ skins are crinkly and fall off easily.
- Serve immediately with potatoes, roasted meat or toss it in salads or pastas.