Here is our 3rd instalment of our Guest Post series! I’m really excited that Victoria from Victoria Bakes has agreed to write a guest post for Foodie Baker. Victoria has an amazing collection of sweet treats – I’m very thankful that I won’t get fat by reading her blog posts, because I probably won’t be able to fit in my clothes – all her bakes look so delicious! I really love her creative bakes – Totoro durian custard cream puffs, coffee pudding in edible cookie cups etc, but her strong suit lies in her breads – she has more than 100 recipes of bread and buns on her blog! Many of them are cute and adorable, and many have the soft and fluffy texture – a texture in breads that I’ve yet to master…
So soft you wanna sleep on it: cranberry bread ~ highly recommended 怎么拉都是拉丝：超软蔓越莓吐司～强力推荐
Hi! I am Victoria and I bake and blog at Victoria ~ Bakes. I am a pure bred Singaporean but am now living in Beijing with my DH (Dear Hubby). I’m currently a stay-at-home-wife who retired 2 years ago to focus on my family and baking.
I started baking 5 years ago, and I will always remember the first loaf of bread that I baked with my bread machine. It looks like… a meteorite. Yes, you read me right, a meteorite! One can never imagine how wrong can a loaf of bread be, baked with a bread machine some more… My DH told me to do some self-reflection and
soulbread-searching and from then on, I try to beautify my bakes as much as I can.
Just like the Japanese saying, 七転び八起き nanakorobi yaoki (literally translated as “fall seven times and stand up eight”), which means “When life knocks you down, stand back up”, even though my first loaf is a flop, I finally succeeded in my bread-making with the 5 Thousand Dollar Bread!
So today, I thank Jasline once again for inviting me to be her guest baker… and since she reminds me of a pretty and petite baker, I’m presenting her and all of you today with this soft and fluffy toast ~ white, pillowy and specks of cutie red!
Soft and Fluffy Cranberry Bread
- Prepare starter dough the night before: Add butter into hot water and stir till butter has melted over low fire. Bring to a boil and turn off fire. Mix in flour and sugar to form a soft dough. Cover with cling wrap and chill for 18-24 hours.
- Mix all ingredients (except shortening and dried cranberries) and knead till you get a soft dough. Incorporate shortening and continue to knead till you get a window pane membrane. Knead in cranberries. Allow to proof till double in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 3 equal portions. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll each portion of dough out, and do a three-fold. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each portion of dough out once again, and swiss-roll them tightly. Place into loaf pan and allow to proof for second time till it fills 90% of the pan
- Brush the top of the loaf with egg wash and bake in preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- 面包粉 30克
- 糖 2.5克
- 热水 21克
- 黄油 12克
- 面包粉 200克
- 蛋糕粉 50克
- 糖 45克
- 盐 4克
- 即溶干酵母 4克
- 蛋液 30克
- 烫种 50克
- 淡奶油 25克
- 牛奶 125克
- 白油 25克 （黄油OK）
- 蔓越莓干 25克，切小颗粒
- 事先准备烫种:黄油加入热水，以小火煮开，直到黄油完全融化并沸腾。熄火，拌入面粉和糖。拌至成团，裹上保鲜膜冷藏 18-24小时。
- 面团分割成 3等份、滚圆、静置 30分钟。
- 面团擀开、散褶，再次松弛 10分钟。
- 面团再擀开，卷起。摆入烤盘中，二次发酵至 9分满。
- 顶部刷上蛋液，送至预热至 180摄氏度烤箱烤约 30分钟即可。