I’ve always loved potatoes (pardon me if I’ve mentioned that a zillion times). And also cheese and bacon. So this recipe is the perfect concoction to make the perfect meal of the day. 😀 The recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker, which is a real simple dish to make – mixing everything together and then toss it into the oven for it to be cooked to perfectness.
It’s cheesy, it’s bacon-y, it’s a potato meal, with a herb-y taste, and together with the almost-no-washing-required – this is my best lunch of the day. 😀
One change that I’ll make next time is probably to open the package 5 to 10 minutes earlier and sprinkle with more cheese and bake it open to give more colour to the dish.
Baked Smoky Cheddar Potatoes
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1-inch chunks (make that 2 for a hungry monster)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 strips streaky bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (1 ounce)
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly oil a big sheet of aluminium foil. Place potatoes on top of the foil and sprinkle with salt. Spread the bacon evenly on top of the potatoes and season generously with black pepper before sprinkling with cheddar cheese.
- Wrap foil securely around potatoes; pierce top of foil once or twice with fork to vent steam. Cover and bake foil packet, seam side up, for 45 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately