I recently fell in love with mustard – don’t ask me why it took me over 25+ years to find out but yea it just did. I love adding them to salad dressings, marinades, sandwiches etc. These honey-mustard wings are a recent discovery and I’m so in love with the flavour combination! They are sticky, juicy and so delicious that I regret making only 6 of them (and I had to share them with X).
Not to mention that they are incredibly easy to prepare – mix everything together, pop in the refrigerator to marinate, then pop them in the oven and that’s it! Clean-up is also a breeze because of the baking paper that lined the baking sheet. I don’t like using aluminum foil as the chicken skin tends to stick to the foil, with baking paper they don’t stick at all.
These wings make the perfect snack, appetizer, party food – basically they can be served anywhere and anytime and they will still fit in (I think). Instead of baking them, you can also grill them on the BBQ for an even more awesome smoky flavour. Just remember to make more as they will all be gone too soon!
|1) Measure the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.||2) Stir to mix them together.|
|3) Add them to the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.||4) Bake the chicken wings until cooked!|
- 500 grams chicken wings (about 6 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Chop the chicken wings to separate the drumettes and wingettes. Chop off the wing tips and reserve them to make stock. Rinse the durmettes and wingettes and dry them with paper towels. Place them in a ziploc bag.
- Combine mustard, honey, soy sauce, salt, black pepper and paprika together in a small bowl. Add the marinade into the ziploc bag, ensuring the chicken pieces are well-coated with the marinade. Seal the bag and leave it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and arrange the chicken pieces on top, not letting them touch each other.
- Place the baking sheet 6-inches away from the top heating element and bake for 18 minutes, then turn on the grill/broil setting (only the top heating element) to the highest setting and grill for 2 minutes, turn to the other side and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes to brown the skin. Let cool slightly on a wire rack then serve.